Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Use It Up Tuesday (on Wednesday!)

Hey friends!! I know I am a day late sharing my UIUT post but yesterday was busy around here!

My daughter made the middle school gymnastics team & they FINALLY got to compete in their first meet yesterday evening! 3 meets were canceled due to snow & missed school days! What a way to start an already short season. But last's night meet was a tri-meet that lasted for 3 hours!!! The girls did great (even though their team came in third) & all worked well together & were fabulous supporters for each other. It's so great to see Leah as a part of a team & bonding with some new friends. She only competes in beam, & while she was so nervous, she placed third last night! We were so proud of her!!  

So, on to my layout! Last Monday night I attended my once a month scrap club (with a group of friends that I always look forward to seeing) & we began this page. I had to finish it up at home & this is what I created:
 
The papers were supplied by a friend in our group (I think they are from recollections?). I added some gold mist splatters to the white cardstock & placed some white tissue paper behind my photo.
 
I pulled out some older embellishments from my stash & started layering & adding!! The "party" chippie is from a pack of birthday-themed chipboard & is so old that I can not remember  the manufacturer! The silver doily is from Studio calico. I bent the edges of the banner pieces to give the page more dimension.
 
The flowers are from Prima & are, again, so old!! The date sticker is from Jenni Bowlin (a classic).
 
The cork tags above are from Scrapbook Circle & the flair is from Heidi Swapp. I placed a 9 (AC Thickers) on top of the star to note my daughter's ninth birthday. Her wish was to go to Great Wolf Lodge, so we took her best friend & my sister, brother-in-law & nephew went with us. It was a fun weekend getaway & she said it was "the best birthday ever"! That made it all worthwhile, even the fact that we got sick when we arrived home! Sweet memories were made for sure.
 
   
Thanks for visiting y'all!
Stay scrappy....
~Stephanie  
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment: