Thursday, September 4, 2014

Thursday This & That

Hey y'all!
So the kids are adjusting well to back to school & their teachers & classes. Me? Not so well. I went to bed last night at 8 p.m. & was out like in a light! I am not liking these early mornings one bit!!

I am super proud of Leah & how well she is handling middle school! She was assigned her locker today & couldn't be more excited. She is liking all her classes & teachers & has everything organized & taken care of (I only hope her enthusiasm continues all year).
 Her first day of pre-school (21 months old).
 Her first day of kindergarten (5 years old).
Her first day of middle school (11 years old).

Ty is doing well with his routine & the mornings haven't been too terrible yet! If you remember, he does not like to be woken up & prefers to sleep til 9 or 9:30 in the morning! He is however, already moping & groaning over his homework & the hard part hasn't even begun (Lord, give me strength)!

It's hard to believe that we were spoiled with a beautiful & relatively cool summer, then on the first day of school it was 100*!! The poor kids got off the bus (which was 30 minutes late) soaking wet. I am ready for winter weather now!

I have a layout to share that I created using the August mood board from Life. Paper. Scrapbook
  
I was inspired by the chevron pattern on the blanket & the many, colorful buttons!
The background paper that I chose is from Fancy Pants' Meology collection. I painted a white rectangle to mount my photo on.
I then just started adding buttons, sequins & embellies that felt right. This is a photo of Ty & our dog Nellie from 3 summers ago. He thought it was hilarious when she jumped in his little pool with him!

 The "forever" flair is from Scraptastic Club.My tag behind the photo holds my journaling & is from Pink Paislee, as is the "hello" die cut.

Thanks for stopping by tonight. I appreciate it & your comments sooo much!
~Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love all of the clusters of your embellishments, looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete