Tuesday, July 15, 2014

You Are My Happy

Hey friends! Happy middle of the month. I know, crazy, huh?!
I have a project to share with y'all today that is up on the Lovebug Creations' blog. Are you all as in love with the wooden phrase & quote signs that are everywhere as I am? I really am obsessed & anytime I am in a store that sells them, I stop & read all of them!  You know the ones, right?
Live The Life You've Imagined Wood Sign


These signs were the inspiration for my project today. I always seem to be making projects & altered items for my daughter (it is easier & probably more appreciated), so today I thought I'd make a little sign for my son's room. Here is what I created

I used many colors of rumple ribbon from Lovebug Creations. They include Simply Red & Simply White from the Star Spangled collection; Caddy Blue & Sunset from the Island Breeze collection; Honey Mustard from the Fall For You collection and Shamrock from the Lucky You...Lucky Me collection.


Here are the steps to creating this project: 
 1. I had my husband cut down a piece of wood (this measures about 7 1/4" by 3 1/2" & is an inch & a half thick).
2. I then painted it a turquoise blue.
3. When the paint is dry, I sanded the edges with a rough sandpaper to distress the board some.
4. The alphas stickers were added to spell out the phrase I wanted to express.
5. I used a screw eye to tie the assorted ribbons to. This was screwed into the top of the sign.

I really like the way it turned out! We'll see if a certain 7 year-old boy does too!!

Be sure to check out my 150 follower giveaway here! I have a HUGE pile of scrapping goodies for one lucky winner once I reach that milestone. I'd love you to follow me & tell your friends!!
Thanks for spreading the word!
Have a fabulous Tuesday y'all!
~Stephanie

2 comments:

  1. Love the wooden signs and love the one you created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...and you are my happy :) I hope the boy loves this...it's super awesome!!!

    xoxo
    Kimi

    ReplyDelete